we are celebrating Reading day on June 19 to honour PN Panicker ,the father of Library movement in kerala. It is the death anniversary of PN Panicker.vayana dinam observing here with a week- long series of activities to honour him.
1. Which Day is Celebrated as reading Day ?
Answer – JUNE 19
2. Whose death anniversary is celebrated as reading day in Kerala ?
Answer – PN PANKAR
3. What is the slogan of Travancore Library Association ?
Answer – Read and Grow
4. Which year the Reading Day started in Kerala ?
Answer – 1996
5. Who is known as the father of Indian library movement ?
Answer – S. R. Ranganathan
6. Who is the founder of Kerala Grandhasala ?
Answer – P.N. Panicker
7. Who is the First National Librarian of India ?
Answer – BS Kesavan
8. When did P.N. Panicker died ?
Answer – 19 june 1995
9. Which day is known as world book day ?
Answer – 23 April
10. Which is biggest library in India ?
Answer – The National Library of India
11. When did P.N. Panicker born ?
Answer – 1 March 1909
12. Full name of P N Panicker ?
Answer – Puthuvayil Narayana Panicker
13. Where is The National Library of India located ?
Answer – Kolkata
14. Who’s birthday is celebrated as Maharashtra reading day ?
Answer – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
15. How many books are in the Library of Congress ?
Answer – 170 million
16. Which state was the Library Act passed in 1993 ?
Answer – Goa Public Libraries Act
17. Which is the biggest library in world ?
Answer – The Library of Congress
18. Which is the second largest library in India ?
Answer – Parliament Library
19. Who started the first library ?
Answer – Ben Franklin
20. When was the first library opened ?
Answer – 1833
21. Who invented the reading ?
Answer – Louis Braille
22. Which is the first vayanashala in Kerala ?
Answer – Desa sevini grameena vayanasala .
23. Who is the author of Krishna Gadha ?
Answer – Cherusheri
24. Who is known as the father of Malayalam language ?
Answer – Thunjath Ezhuthachan
25. Who won the first Ezhuthachan award ?
Answer – Shuranat Kunjan Pillai
26. Which was the first novel in Malayalam ?
Answer – kundalatha
27. Who is the founder of the Kerala kalamandalam ?
Answer – Vallathol Narayana Menon
28. Where is the headquarters of Kerala kalamandalam ?
Answer – cheruthuruthi In Thrissur
29. Who is popularly known as Kerala kalidasan ?
Answer – Kerala Varma valiya Kozhi Thamburan
30. Whose work is bhoomiyude avakashikal ?
Answer – vaikkom Muhammed Basheer
31. who is popularly known as Kerala vyasan ?
Answer – Kodungallur kunjikuttan Thamburan
32. Who wrote the Epic ” Chitra Yogam ?
Answer – vallathol Narayana Menon
33. whose autobiography is ” my story ” ?
Answer – Madhavi Kutty
34. The work as Known shakuntalam in Malayalam is ?
Answer – Nalacharitham attakatha
35. who is popularly known as the poet of nature ?
Answer – William Wordsworth
1 thought on “Reading Day Quiz In English”